Visionary. Innovator. Creative. Bruce Mau was one of the first designers I was recommended to take a look at when I first began the journey of studying design. His book Massive Change, done in collaboration with the Institute Without Boundaries, was the first of his work I encountered, and the hook was set. His passion for using design to effect positive change in the world is inspiring and I think we would all benefit from engaging with the questions he is asking. Another piece of Bruce Mau’s work I have found inspiring is his Incomplete Manifesto for Growth, which “is an articulation of statements exemplifying Bruce Mau’s beliefs, strategies and motivations”. I think each of these statements hold immense value, and not only for designers. So for the next 43 days I am going to post a statement from Mau’s Incomplete Manifesto as a kind of daily meditation which I hope will inspire some creativity.
- RT @StephenAtHome: Sessions is "amazed" an "island in the Pacific" judge can block the travel ban. Just like how I'm "bewildered" a "racist… 1 month ago
- Daydreaming about warmer weather and beach days with awesome people. #surf #sanpancho https://t.co/uM49zop0I9 1 month ago
- @ntully @knitpurl @BryceBennett8 @wiredpirate #neverforget 1 month ago
- @knitpurl @BryceBennett8 @wiredpirate and all those bottles of wine. 😬 1 month ago
- 😂 twitter.com/thepresobama/s… 2 months ago
- a better tomorrow als ampersand animation armsrock art autumn story berlin black cab sessions Bruce Mau chair chalk animation charles and ray eames charles wilkin cool kids creative design documentary eames fauxreel studios firekites foodie food inc forest city lovers for print only found typography freelance whales freestyle friends of type gotazkaen herman miller Highsnobiety hip hop homeless house industries hunger Incomplete Manifesto ISO50 jr kenya kexp king corn letterpress michael pollan mouthful of diamonds music Music Monday music video new year ninja vs penguin obey giant omnivore's dilemma paper magazine patrick o'brien patrick o'brien foundation pedestrian phantogram photography poster qbn rap real change rebranding america robert kenner Seattle shepard fairey sink hole of repetition song for morrie Style sunday afternoon surfing taxi cab typographic poster typography Vans