last friday night some friends and i ventured over to neumos to catch the cd release show of mt st helens vietnam band. as sunny and i moved downstairs in preparation for the show to begin, a woman walked up and handed me a carton of ice cream and two spoons. i had heard rumor there would be molly moon’s homemade ice cream, little did i know the band had their own flavor. the coconut ice cream with chocolate chunks and huckleberry sauce was a little pre-show taste of heaven. then out came the band in their matching vests that look as though they were cut from my grandma’s window curtains. the show was fun and energetic with tracy verdoes playing percussion created from poles with bells on the end, marshall on the drums, and the other three creating the rest of the magic. towards the end, ben handed off the guitar to tracy and joined marshall on the drums, bringing back memories of watching ben play stand up drums and do vocals for in praise of folly. all in all a great show. so if you get the chance, go experience the live magic of mt st helens vietnam band or buy their newly released album and help support them in the fight against homeostasis.
- RT @StephenAtHome: Sessions is "amazed" an "island in the Pacific" judge can block the travel ban. Just like how I'm "bewildered" a "racist… 1 month ago
- Daydreaming about warmer weather and beach days with awesome people. #surf #sanpancho https://t.co/uM49zop0I9 1 month ago
- @ntully @knitpurl @BryceBennett8 @wiredpirate #neverforget 1 month ago
- @knitpurl @BryceBennett8 @wiredpirate and all those bottles of wine. 😬 1 month ago
- 😂 twitter.com/thepresobama/s… 2 months ago
- a better tomorrow als ampersand animation armsrock art autumn story berlin black cab sessions Bruce Mau chair chalk animation charles and ray eames charles wilkin cool kids creative design documentary eames fauxreel studios firekites foodie food inc forest city lovers for print only found typography freelance whales freestyle friends of type gotazkaen herman miller Highsnobiety hip hop homeless house industries hunger Incomplete Manifesto ISO50 jr kenya kexp king corn letterpress michael pollan mouthful of diamonds music Music Monday music video new year ninja vs penguin obey giant omnivore's dilemma paper magazine patrick o'brien patrick o'brien foundation pedestrian phantogram photography poster qbn rap real change rebranding america robert kenner Seattle shepard fairey sink hole of repetition song for morrie Style sunday afternoon surfing taxi cab typographic poster typography Vans